Monday, August 10, 2009

Visiting Opah

I went to visit Opah at Bukit Beruntung on Saturday. She's not feeling well and can't get up/walk. Nothing so serious since she only had a mild fever.. but for a person in her mid 80s, anything should be taken seriously.. It's not the first time, she's at this kind of condition, and it's not the first time I help to take care of her. But this time, it was 1 of my first time experience handling elderly 'diapers business'. I did not do it alone obviously, because I have my mum's to assist. On the night, I just helped changing the diaper, clean her up and put the fresh one. The next day, Opah keep complaining about her not been 'buang air besar' for ages. My aunty said that they have a lubricant that can be put at the related area to ease the business. I was then asked to put that lubricant into the 'related area'. It was quite a scary moment for me.. huhuhu.. However, the after 'buang air besar' business was more scarier.. Once we, took off the diaper, only God knows how I felt and smell. Not only I need to tahan the smell, I have to try not to making the 'geli' or 'disgusted' face too in front of Opah.. I always wonder, why some people can be reluctant/geli to take care of their own old/sick parents. Now, I can understand why.. It's not very easy for some, I guess.

The experience really taught me.. and hope I can compliment what my mom did for Opah and have a daughter like me to assist.. hehehe.. Will baby Ecah up for the challenge??? hahahah

No comments:

Post a Comment