Sunday, November 28, 2010

I Dreamed a Dream

I went to a seminar yesterday. The topics were mostly inpirational and motivational stuffs. The 'Yes-You-Can!!' type, if you know what I mean. One of the things that really get to me that day was when the speaker showed the video of Susan Boyle when she was auditioning for the Britain's Got Talent show. I watched some of her youtubes before but not this one. I really got the chill when she sang in that audition. I almost cried my heart out watching it. It was just so inspirational. It is a perfect example of 'never judge a book by its cover'. I learned that, one, you can find inspirations from unexpected source. It's not always that skinny - peferct skin - super intelligent woman can inspire you to be confident. Two, it's never too late to chase your dream. If you belive in yourself, the ability and the talent that you have, when the opportunity presented in front of you, you should grab it. Three, I should never make fun of other people's dream and goals. We can always say to people dearest to us, saying that his/her dream is ridiculous.. like "Jangan nak berangan la...", "Cermin diri tu dulu" and so on and so on. Like thinking, only people who were smart in school can be successful and millionaires. Girls who are beautiful and hot can get a rich and good looking husband. How that can be so wrong at times..

1 comment: